CurseForge for Android
CurseForge for Android OS is an app where you can download video game modifications and add-ons for titles like World of Warcraft, MineCraft and StarCraft II.
CurseForge is also an authoring platform, which provides templates for building new game modifications.
Authors can earn reward points based on how many times their modification is downloaded.
The points can then be redeemed for certain items on the CurseForge application.
CurseForge hosts third party content for the several games, the largest being Minecraft.
It also has content for World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Kerbal Space Program, WildStar, Terraria, World of Tanks, Rift, Runes of Magic, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Secret World, The Elder Scrolls Online, Stardew Valley, Secret World Legends, Chronicles Of Arcadia, Surviving Mars, Darkest Dungeon, Grand Theft Auto V, and Staxel.
For Minecraft, CurseForge hosts Bukkit plugins, modpacks, customizations (miscellaneous content, mainly mod configurations), addons, mods, texture packs, and worlds.
Each type can be filtered by various categories, and can be sorted by date created, last uploaded, name, popularity, and most downloads.
Creators earn “Curse Points” for the popularity of their projects, which can be redeemed for PayPal or Amazon giftcards.
The amount of Curse Points given is in proportion to a secret formula determining popularity to avoid creators releasing as many updates to a project as possible to rack up Curse Points.
In order to run the application correctly, it is necessary to meet the minimum requirements given in the table below.
|Android 8.0 (or higher)
|Quad core 1.5 GHz (or more)
|3 GB (4 GB recommended)
It is still possible to install the app on devices not mentioned above, but we cannot guarantee its proper functioning.
We recommend backing up the device on which the app will be installed before performing any installation of third-party apps not from the official app Store.
There will be frequent updates which you can grab from the link below.
The last version implements the following new features:
- Fix experimental world warning screen appearing everytime
- Fix continuing to use items after dropping or when a shield breaks
- Add onStopUsing hook to IForgeItem
- Document RegisterParticleProvidersEvent’s APIs
- Fix incorrect ListTag.getLongArray result
- Fix missing patch that left TagBuilder#replace unused
- Add 2 new RenderLevelStageEvent.Stage for After Entities and After Block Entities
This application is from a third-party developer, so an automatic update won’t be available.
You will need to manually update the app by installing the new version from the APK file; the previous app will be replaced automatically.
All the updates have the latest fixes and optimizations, but their constantly changing nature means that little testing has been done on them and unknown bugs may appear.
- Open this link on your browser and download BIOS file: https://apkod.com/download-category/bios/
- Move the BIOS file (part 1 and part 2) on the following directory in your device: /android/data/com.cobesoft.build22/bios/ (if this folder doesn’t exist please create it)
- Open this link on your browser and download Data file: https://apkod.com/download-category/data/
- Move the Data .obb file (part 1 and part 2) on the following directory in your device: /android/data/com.cobesoft.build22/data/
- Launch the app
- What is a MOD and how does it work on my device?
A MOD, short for modification, refers to customized content that enhances or alters a game, app, or software on your device. It’s usually created by the community and requires installation steps to activate its features.
- Is it safe to install MODs on my Android/iOS/PC?
While MODs can enhance your experience, they might come with risks. Only download from trusted sources to minimize the chance of malware or compatibility issues. Make sure to follow installation instructions carefully.
- How can I install a MOD on my device?
Installing a MOD involves specific steps depending on your device. Generally, you’d need to download the MOD file, enable installation from unknown sources (if applicable), and follow instructions provided by the MOD creator.
- Will using a MOD affect my device’s warranty or game/account bans?
Yes, using MODs can violate terms of service, risking bans or voiding warranties. It’s essential to use caution and check the rules of the game, app, or software. Some MODs might be considered cheating and result in penalties.
- What should I do if a MOD isn’t working as expected?
If a MOD isn’t functioning correctly, double-check that you followed installation instructions accurately. Check if the MOD is compatible with your device’s version. If issues persist, reach out to the MOD’s creator or the community for troubleshooting help.