Dolbox emulator for Android
Dolbox is an open-source virtualization-based console games emulator project written in Java for mobile devices compatible with Android devices.
This is the first and the only console emulator which allows you to play high console games on smartphone and tablet.
Dolbox is an experimental console games emulator using Kyty and Uplift as a reference.
The original author of Kyty does not involved in the development of Obliteration in anyway.
Dolbox is a completely separated project; the reason you see the author of Kyty in a contributor list because this project contains commits from Kyty.
You can now play console games games on Android and iOS at variable frame rates with a smooth experience as most of the titles can now run at 60 FPS and beyond.
The software performance is primarily determined by graphics memory and shader clock speed.
The advanced settings menu lets users tune in-game resolution, add post-processing effects, and extend visual enhancement features.
Dolbox emulator uses SPIR-V for hardware-accelerated virtualization – it is a low-level shader language used in the Adreno graphics API.
The program is driving graphical output by fully emulating the Adreno GPU via the driver backend and recompiling GCN bytecode to SPIR-V.
In order to run the application correctly, it is necessary to meet the minimum requirements given in the table below.
|Android 5.0 (or higher)
|Quad core 1.5+ Ghz
|3 GB (4 GB recommended)
It is still possible to install the app on devices not mentioned above, but we cannot guarantee its proper functioning.
We recommend backing up the device on which the app will be installed before performing any installation of third-party apps not from the official app Store.
There will be frequent updates which you can grab from the link below.
The last version implements the following new features:
- Added support for decrypted kernel images
- Implemented Liverpool GC/Starsha
- Implemented IH ringbuffer
- Implemented Command Processor
- Added guest debugging to HAXM
- Added AMD MSR support to HAXM
- Added required CPU features support to HAXM
This application is from a third-party developer, so an automatic update won’t be available.
You will need to manually update the app by installing the new version from the APK file; the previous app will be replaced automatically.
All the updates have the latest fixes and optimizations, but their constantly changing nature means that little testing has been done on them and unknown bugs may appear.
- Download APK file on the link button
- Open a File manager
- Select the folder containing the downloaded file
- Open the file .apk
- Press install button
- Launch the app
- Does this emulator supports multiplayer functionality?
- Yes, this console emulator offer multiplayer support, allowing you to play games with friends online.
- What system requirements are needed to run console emulator smoothly?
- System requirements vary depending on the emulator and the console being emulated. Generally, a modern device with a decent CPU and GPU is recommended.
- Are ROMs and game files included with emulator, or do I need to find them separately?
- Emulators typically do not come with ROMs or game files due to copyright restrictions. You’ll need to source these files separately.
- Can I use original game controllers with this console emulator?
- Yes, the emulator supports original game controllers. You may need to configure the emulator settings to use the specific controller.
- Are there any legal considerations when using console emulators and ROMs?
- Yes, the legality of using emulators and ROMs can vary by country and jurisdiction. It’s important to ensure you have the legal right to use the games you’re emulating.