Flycast emulator for iOS
Flycast emulator for iOS is a multi-platform Sega Dreamcast, Naomi, Naomi 2, and Atomiswave emulator forked from reicast, and made by flyinghead.
There is an buildbot that compiles to iOS system builds, compatible with iPhone and iPad devices; these can be used without anything related to Retroarch.
Flycast emulator supports the following console:
- SEGA Dreamcast games (CHD, CDI, GDI, CUE) including games based on Windows CE
- SEGA NAOMI games (.zip, .7z, .dat/.lst)
- SEGA NAOMI GD-ROM games (.zip, .7z, .dat/.lst and .chd)
- Sammy Atomiswave games (.zip, .7z)
Doesn’t support SEGA NAOMI 2, Hikaru, or SEGA System SP games.
Flycast has support for the following things:
- Emulating standard Dreamcast controllers, Keyboard, Mouse, Light-Gun (with your mouse), Twin Sticks, and even the ASCII Mission Stick
- Emulating two expansion sockets per controller (VMU, Purupuru/Rumble Pack, or Microphone)
- Widescreen (Rendering outside of screen)
- Resolution and Texture Upscaling
- Frame Skipping
- Dump textures and load custom textures
- Support for HLE BIOS (note that it’s recommended to use a real BIOS)
- Automatically configured to be able to connect to Dreamcast Live fan servers for the games supported
- High compatibility and high performance
- Widescreen Game Hacks (Auto-applying codes/patches to certain games to do Widescreen instead of using the hack)
To start Flycast emulator in full-screen mode just set it in full-screen on video settings menu, and if you close the emulator, the next time it will open in full-screen.
All games are compatible with Dreamcast Live servers are supported by flycast, and the emulator is automatically configured to use Dreamcast Live servers.
In order to run the application correctly, it is necessary to meet the minimum requirements given in the table below.
|OS version||iOS 11.0 (or higher)|
|Device||iPhone 8+ (or equivalent iPad)|
|Disk space||32 MB|
It is still possible to install the app on devices not mentioned above, but we cannot guarantee its proper functioning.
We recommend backing up the device on which the app will be installed before performing any installation of third-party apps not from the official app Store.
There will be frequent updates which you can grab from the link below.
The last version implements the following new features:
- GGPO netplay
- UWP/Xbox support
- New DirectX 11 renderer
- New & improved input configuration, per-game inputs
- Single-threaded mode
- Lua bindings
- VMU beep support
- GameShark cheat codes
- Vulkan support on macOS
- Support for 120+ Hz monitors (Vulkan, DX9, DX11)
This application is from a third-party developer, so an automatic update won’t be available.
You will need to manually update the app by installing the new version from the IPA file; the previous app will be replaced automatically.
All the updates have the latest fixes and optimizations, but their constantly changing nature means that little testing has been done on them and unknown bugs may appear.
- Download AltServer on your computer:
- Install AltStore to your iPhone (or iPad)
- Launch AltStore to begin downloading apps
- Leave AltServer running, and AltStore will do the rest
If you have some problem to install the app, you can try to follow the complete guide.