OpenEmu – Multiple Video Game System for macOS (OS X) and iOS
OpenEmu for macOS and iOS is an open source Emulator project whose purpose is to bring macOS game emulation into the realm of first class citizenship. The project leverages modern macOS technologies, such as Cocoa, Core Animation with Quartz Composer, and other third-party libraries.
One third-party library example is Sparkle, which is used for auto-updating. OpenEmu uses a modular architecture, allowing for game-engine plugins, allowing OpenEmu to support a host of different emulation engines and back ends while retaining the familiar macOS and iOS native front end.
The beta version is now aviable on the button link below also for iPhone and iPad devices.
Currently OpenEmu can load the following game engines as plugins:
- Atari 2600 (Stella)
- Atari 5200 (Atari800)
- Atari 7800 (ProSystem)
- Atari Lynx (Mednafen)
- ColecoVision (CrabEmu)
- Famicom Disk System (Nestopia)
- Game Boy / Game Boy Color (Gambatte)
- Game Boy Advance (mGBA)
- Game Gear (Genesis Plus)
- Intellivision (Bliss)
- NeoGeo Pocket (Mednafen)
- Nintendo (NES) / Famicom (FCEUX, Nestopia)
- Nintendo 64 (Mupen64Plus)
- Nintendo DS (DeSmuME)
- Odyssey² / Videopac+ (O2EM)
- PC-FX (Mednafen)
- SG-1000 (Genesis Plus)
- Sega 32X (picodrive)
- Sega CD / Mega CD (Genesis Plus)
- Sega Genesis / Mega Drive (Genesis Plus)
- Sega Master System (Genesis Plus)
- Sega Saturn (Mednafen)
- Sony PSP (PPSSPP)
- Sony PlayStation (Mednafen)
- Super Nintendo (SNES) (BSNES, Snes9x)
- TurboGrafx-16 / PC Engine (Mednafen)
- TurboGrafx-CD / PCE-CD (Mednafen)
- Vectrex (VecXGL)
- Virtual Boy (Mednafen)
- WonderSwan (Mednafen)
|OS version||OS X – 10.14 or above; iOS 8.0+|
|Disk space||100 MB|
- Fixed not recognizing keyboard input MacOS Catalina
- Fixed bug when Mac goes into call audio when any game is run
- Improved automapping buttons secuence (iOS version only)
- Fixed crash when importing ROMs to Dropbox-synced directory
- Added multiple columns in Save States and Screenshots tabs
To know how to install an .ipa file on your iPhone or iPad please follow this guide.
- Provenance emulator for Android – Download APK
- Yuzu Nintendo Switch emulator for PC Windows – Download ZIP
- N64 Nintendo 64 emulator for iOS – Download IPA
- Apex Legends Mobile for iOS – Download IPA
- Apex Legends Mobile for Android – Download APK
We are sorry that this app was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?