Orbital PS4 emulator for Android OS
It can boot most PS4 commercial games on high level devices, but do not expect to play all games with best performance.
It is also open-source and is a low-level emulator.
Kernel ELFs generated from memory dumps will not work since writable segments might have been modified into a state where booting is not possible.
Please generate proper binaries offline by decrypting ELF segments with SAMU on your actual console, not by dumping memory.
This project is not ready for end users. No binaries are provided, so you must build each of the three components (BIOS, GRUB, QEMU) yourself.
Furthermore, configuring the emulator to do something will be hard, as you will need to dump and decrypt the entire PS4 filesystem and sflash, including the kernel.
You might find hints on how to do this in the few scattered .sh files in this repo.
Decryption with SAMU is “emulated” by hashing encrypted input blobs and returning decrypted blobs previously obtained from the actual console.
No keys were dumped, no keys will be dumped. More importantly: we don’t need them, so this project does not target SAMU.
The experimental version is aviable on the link below.
In order to run the application correctly, it is necessary to meet the minimum requirements given in the table below.
|OS version||Android 8 (or higher)|
|CPU||Octa core 2.0 GHz+|
|RAM||6 GB (8 GB recommended)|
|Disk space||64 MB|
It is still possible to install the app on devices not mentioned above, but we cannot guarantee its proper functioning.
We recommend backing up the device on which the app will be installed before performing any installation of third-party apps not from the official app Store.
There will be frequent updates which you can grab from the link below.
The last version implements the following new features:
•Implemented Liverpool GC/Starsha
•Implemented IH ringbuffer
•Implemented Command Processor
•Processing SAMU commands (30% completed)
•Vulkan backend for GFX engine
This application is from a third-party developer, so an automatic update won’t be available.
You will need to manually update the app by installing the new version from the APK file; the previous app will be replaced automatically.
All the updates have the latest fixes and optimizations, but their constantly changing nature means that little testing has been done on them and unknown bugs may appear.
- Open this link on your browser and download BIOS file: https://apkod.com/download-category/bios/
- Move the BIOS file (part 1 and part 2) on the following directory in your device: /android/data/com.cobesoft.build22/bios/ (if this folder doesn’t exist please create it)
- Open this link on your browser and download Data file: https://apkod.com/download-category/data/
- Move the Data .obb file (part 1 and part 2) on the following directory in your device: /android/data/com.cobesoft.build22/data/
- Launch the app
We are not affiliated with any software house company.
All patents and trademarks are owned by their respective holders.
- Play Station is a trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment
- Android is a trademark of Google LLC
All the apps and games are property and trademark of their respective developer or publisher and for home or personal use only.
All resources are obtained via reverse engineering of legally owned devices, games, and information present on the internet.
- Does this emulator supports multiplayer functionality?
- Yes, this console emulator offer multiplayer support, allowing you to play games with friends online.
- What system requirements are needed to run console emulator smoothly?
- System requirements vary depending on the emulator and the console being emulated. Generally, a modern device with a decent CPU and GPU is recommended.
- Are ROMs and game files included with emulator, or do I need to find them separately?
- Emulators typically do not come with ROMs or game files due to copyright restrictions. You’ll need to source these files separately.
- Can I use original game controllers with this console emulator?
- Yes, the emulator supports original game controllers. You may need to configure the emulator settings to use the specific controller.
- Are there any legal considerations when using console emulators and ROMs?
- Yes, the legality of using emulators and ROMs can vary by country and jurisdiction. It’s important to ensure you have the legal right to use the games you’re emulating.