Orbital PS4 emulator for Mac OS – OS X or above
You can play PS4 commercial games on macOS devices.
Decryption with SAMU is “emulated” by hashing encrypted input blobs and returning decrypted blobs previously obtained from the actual console.
No keys were dumped, no keys will be dumped. More importantly: we don’t need them, so this project does not target SAMU.
This project is not ready for end users. No binaries are provided, so you must build each of the three components (BIOS, GRUB, QEMU) yourself.
Furthermore, configuring the emulator to do something will be hard, as you will need to dump and decrypt the entire PS4 filesystem and sflash, including the kernel.
You might find hints on how to do this in the few scattered .sh files in this repo.
It is also open-source and is a low-level emulator.
System requirements may vary depending on your hardware configuration.
For the best experience, users should be running within the recommended system requirements.
We cannot guarantee the performance of system specifications below the minimum requirements, but you’re always welcome to experiment.
Do not expect stable performance or consistent compatibility as changes are always being made to the codebase.
In order to run the application correctly, it is necessary to meet the minimum requirements given in the table below.
|OS X – 10.14 or above
|Octa core 2.0 GHz (or higher)
|8 GB (12 GB recommended)
It is still possible to install the app on devices not mentioned above, but we cannot guarantee its proper functioning.
We recommend backing up the device on which the app will be installed before performing any installation of third-party apps not from the official app Store.
•Adding Vulkan support to QEMU
•Added support for decrypted kernel images
•Emulating Aeolia’s UART interface
•Emulating Aeolia’s SFlash interface (partial)
•Implemented Liverpool GC/Starsha
•Implemented IH ringbuffer
•Implemented Command Processor
•Processing SAMU commands (30% completed)
•Vulkan backend for GFX engine
- Download .dmg file
- Click on the file to start installation
- Click on setup icon
- Click Open to proceed with the installation
- Select the destination folder
- Run the application
We are not affiliated with any software house company.
All patents and trademarks are owned by their respective holders.
- Play Station is a trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment
- macOS is a trademark of Apple Inc.
All the apps and games are property and trademark of their respective developer or publisher and for home or personal use only.
All resources are obtained via reverse engineering of legally owned devices, games, and information present on the internet.
- Does this emulator supports multiplayer functionality?
- Yes, this console emulator offer multiplayer support, allowing you to play games with friends online.
- What system requirements are needed to run console emulator smoothly?
- System requirements vary depending on the emulator and the console being emulated. Generally, a modern device with a decent CPU and GPU is recommended.
- Are ROMs and game files included with emulator, or do I need to find them separately?
- Emulators typically do not come with ROMs or game files due to copyright restrictions. You’ll need to source these files separately.
- Can I use original game controllers with this console emulator?
- Yes, the emulator supports original game controllers. You may need to configure the emulator settings to use the specific controller.
- Are there any legal considerations when using console emulators and ROMs?
- Yes, the legality of using emulators and ROMs can vary by country and jurisdiction. It’s important to ensure you have the legal right to use the games you’re emulating.