RPCS3 emulator for Mac OS
It was founded by programmers DH and Hykem. Initially hosted on Google Code, the project was eventually migrated to GitHub later on in its development.
RPCS3’s first successful boots were primarily composed of small homebrew projects and hardware tests.
The emulator was later publicly released in June of 2012 and gained substantial attention from both the open-source community and Play Station enthusiasts alike.
Today, RPCS3 is primarily developed by its two lead developers; Nekotekina, kd-11 and backed by flourishing team of GitHub contributors.
This PS3 emulator for Mac is not affiliated with, nor authorized, endorsed or licensed in any way by any company, affiliates or subsidiaries.
All individual game screen shots or audio that are simulated by this software are property of their respective copyright holders and are only used in this app listing for the purpose of informing the customer of the software’s functionality.
[Supports file extension]
.bin, .mdf, .pbp, .iso, .toc, .cbn, .m3u, zip, .img, .cue, 7z. Some images come as a .ecm file. These will not work in this emuator.
This is a free fan app for those who wish to have the described experience in their mobile device.
System requirements may vary depending on your hardware configuration.
For the best experience, users should be running within the recommended system requirements.
We cannot guarantee the performance of system specifications below the minimum requirements, but you’re always welcome to experiment.
Do not expect stable performance or consistent compatibility as changes are always being made to the codebase.
In order to run the application correctly, it is necessary to meet the minimum requirements given in the table below.
|OS X – 10.14 or above
|Octa core 2.0 GHz (or higher)
|6 GB (8 GB recommended)
It is still possible to install the app on devices not mentioned above, but we cannot guarantee its proper functioning.
We recommend backing up the device on which the app will be installed before performing any installation of third-party apps not from the official app Store.
•Alpha version released (Beta program open)
•These are NOT stable builds. RPCS3 is a rolling release software without stable builds
•Implemented Online Netplay (sceNp) functionality
•many CPU emulation accuracy and performance improvements
•Simplification and usability improvements
- Download .dmg file
- Click on the file to start installation
- Click on setup icon
- Click Open to proceed with the installation
- Select the destination folder
- Run the application
We are not affiliated with any software house company.
All patents and trademarks are owned by their respective holders.
- Play Station is a trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment
- macOS is a trademark of Apple Inc.
All the apps and games are property and trademark of their respective developer or publisher and for home or personal use only.
All resources are obtained via reverse engineering of legally owned devices, games, and information present on the internet.
- Does this emulator supports multiplayer functionality?
- Yes, this console emulator offer multiplayer support, allowing you to play games with friends online.
- What system requirements are needed to run console emulator smoothly?
- System requirements vary depending on the emulator and the console being emulated. Generally, a modern device with a decent CPU and GPU is recommended.
- Are ROMs and game files included with emulator, or do I need to find them separately?
- Emulators typically do not come with ROMs or game files due to copyright restrictions. You’ll need to source these files separately.
- Can I use original game controllers with this console emulator?
- Yes, the emulator supports original game controllers. You may need to configure the emulator settings to use the specific controller.
- Are there any legal considerations when using console emulators and ROMs?
- Yes, the legality of using emulators and ROMs can vary by country and jurisdiction. It’s important to ensure you have the legal right to use the games you’re emulating.