Provenance emulator for Android
The Provenance emulator app for Android OS provides support for multiple consoles in one app, allowing you to play any console-based game with a single tap.
You can download the Provenance app from the links below.
You are legally allowed to make personal backup copies of your own purchased games for personal use as ROMs. Anything outside of this, you are on your own.
- Native API Integration – 3D Touch Shortcuts for Recent Games, Haptic Engine Button Feedback, Spotlight Searching, TopShelf Support (tvOS)
- ROM Browser – Automatic ROM metadata downloading including release info, screenshots, case and manual artwork viewer (where available)
- Mutli-Disc Support – Supports automatic BIN/CUE matching for multi-disc CD-ROM games with in-game disc swapping.
These are the systems supported:
- WonderSwan / WonderSwan Color
- PC Engine / TurboGrafx-16 (PCE/TG16)
- PC Engine Super CD-ROM² System / TurboGrafx-CD
- PC Engine SuperGrafx
- Nintendo Entertainment System / Famicom (NES/FC)
- Famicom Disk System
- Super Nintendo Entertainment System / Super Famicom (SNES/SFC)
- Game Boy / Boy Color (GB/GBC)
- Virtual Boy
- Nintendo 64 (N64)
- Game Boy Advance (GBA)
- Pokémon mini
- Master System
- Genesis / Mega Drive
- Game Gear
- CD / MegaCD
- Saturn (mednafen)
- Neo Geo Pocket / Neo Geo Pocket Color
- PlayStation (PSX/PS1)
In order to run the application correctly, it is necessary to meet the minimum requirements given in the table below.
|OS version||Android 7.0 (or higher)|
|CPU||Quad Core 2.0+ GHz|
|RAM||4 GB (6 GB recommended)|
|Disk space||200 MB|
It is still possible to install the app on devices not mentioned above, but we cannot guarantee its proper functioning.
We recommend backing up the device on which the app will be installed before performing any installation of third-party apps not from the official app Store.
There will be frequent updates which you can grab from the link below.
The last version implements the following new features:
•Very Accurate, Full Speed Emulation
•Save States (save anywhere/game freezing)
•Battery Saves (native game saves)
•Adjustable Controller Overlay Opacity
•MFi Game Controller Support
•iCade Controller Support (8bitdo, etc…)
•8BitDo M30 Support
•Local Multiplayer via External Controllers
•Portrait and Landscape Orientation
•Cheatcode support! Currently for SNES and PSX only
•Automatic ROM Matching (Game Title, Cover Art, Description, Genre, etc…) via OpenVGDB
•ROM Customizations (Cover Art, Game Titles) (Instructions)
•Multiple Options for Managing ROMs, Game Saves and Cover Art
This application is from a third-party developer, so an automatic update won’t be available.
You will need to manually update the app by installing the new version from the APK file; the previous app will be replaced automatically.
All the updates have the latest fixes and optimizations, but their constantly changing nature means that little testing has been done on them and unknown bugs may appear.
- Download APK file on the link button
- Open a File manager
- Select the folder containing the downloaded file
- Open the file .apk
- Press install button
- Launch the app