RetroArch emulator for iOS
RetroArch for iOS is a frontend app for game engines, emulator, and media players, offering you the tools needed to play classic games on your iPhone and iPad devices (see also all version for Android, PS3 and PS4).
This is an open-source project that makes use of a powerful development interface called Libretro.
Libretro is an interface that allows you to make cross-platform applications that can use rich features such as OpenGL, cross-platform camera support, location support, and more in the future.
This emulator is free to use and works on all iOS devices.
RetroArch is an easy app to use with a user-friendly interface that offers access to your game collection in an ordered manner.
It works on multiple platforms and, as soon as you connect a common joypad to your device, it will be automatically recognized and configured.
This provides you with a console experience right there on your iPhone or iPad.
If that weren’t enough, you can also record any of your gaming sessions and enjoy new programs as they get added to RetroArch’s library on a regular basis.
- Choice of great looking menus
- Ability to scan directories and files and add them to the game system collection
- Once a game is added to a collection, see database information about it
- Download cores online
- Ability to update everything in-app
- Choice of Game and Watch games to download and play using the exclusive Game and Watch Emulator
- Input remapping built into the app
- Remap the controls
- Add and use cheats
- Support for multiple languages
- More than 80 cores available
- Use NetPlay for multiplayer gaming
- Save states
- Take screenshots
- No DRM
- Open-source program
- No usage restrictions
- No push ads
- Many more cool features
If you are looking for an emulator that plays specific console games, try one of these:
This emulator was tested on iOS 14, iOS 13.3, iOS 13.2, iOS 13, iOS 14.3, 12, 11, iPhone, iPad/iPod Touch devices.
In order to run the application correctly, it is necessary to meet the minimum requirements given in the table below.
|iOS 11.0 (or higher)
|iPhone 9+ (or equivalent iPad)
It is still possible to install the app on devices not mentioned above, but we cannot guarantee its proper functioning.
We recommend backing up the device on which the app will be installed before performing any installation of third-party apps not from the official app Store.
There will be frequent updates which you can grab from the link below.
The last version implements the following new features:
•Beta experimental program is now closed, final version is aviable on the button link below
This application is from a third-party developer, so an automatic update won’t be available.
You will need to manually update the app by installing the new version from the IPA file; the previous app will be replaced automatically.
All the updates have the latest fixes and optimizations, but their constantly changing nature means that little testing has been done on them and unknown bugs may appear.
- Download AltServer on your computer:
- Install AltStore to your iPhone (or iPad)
- Launch AltStore to begin downloading apps
- Leave AltServer running, and AltStore will do the rest
If you have some problem to install the app, you can try to follow the complete guide.
- Does this emulator supports multiplayer functionality?
- Yes, this console emulator offer multiplayer support, allowing you to play games with friends online.
- What system requirements are needed to run console emulator smoothly?
- System requirements vary depending on the emulator and the console being emulated. Generally, a modern device with a decent CPU and GPU is recommended.
- Are ROMs and game files included with emulator, or do I need to find them separately?
- Emulators typically do not come with ROMs or game files due to copyright restrictions. You’ll need to source these files separately.
- Can I use original game controllers with this console emulator?
- Yes, the emulator supports original game controllers. You may need to configure the emulator settings to use the specific controller.
- Are there any legal considerations when using console emulators and ROMs?
- Yes, the legality of using emulators and ROMs can vary by country and jurisdiction. It’s important to ensure you have the legal right to use the games you’re emulating.