RetroArch emulator for iOS
RetroArch for iOS is a frontend app for game engines, emulator, and media players, offering you the tools needed to play classic games on your iPhone and iPad devices (see also all version for Android, PS3 and PS4).
This is an open-source project that makes use of a powerful development interface called Libretro. Libretro is an interface that allows you to make cross-platform applications that can use rich features such as OpenGL, cross-platform camera support, location support, and more in the future.
This emulator is free to use and works on all iOS devices.
If you are looking for an emulator that plays specific console games, try one of these:
RetroArch is an easy app to use with a user-friendly interface that offers access to your game collection in an ordered manner. It works on multiple platforms and, as soon as you connect a common joypad to your device, it will be automatically recognized and configured. This provides you with a console experience right there on your iPhone or iPad. If that weren’t enough, you can also record any of your gaming sessions and enjoy new programs as they get added to RetroArch’s library on a regular basis.
- Choice of great looking menus
- Ability to scan directories and files and add them to the game system collection
- Once a game is added to a collection, see database information about it
- Download cores online
- Ability to update everything in-app
- Choice of Game and Watch games to download and play using the exclusive Game and Watch Emulator
- Input remapping built into the app
- Remap the controls
- Add and use cheats
- Support for multiple languages
- More than 80 cores available
- Use NetPlay for multiplayer gaming
- Save states
- Take screenshots
- No DRM
- Open-source program
- No usage restrictions
- No push ads
- Many more cool features
This emulator was tested on iOS 14, iOS 13.3, iOS 13.2, iOS 13, iOS 14.3, 12, 11, iPhone, iPad/iPod Touch devices.
|OS version||iOS 11.0 (or higher)|
|Device||iPhone 9+ (or equivalent iPad)|
|Disk space||400 MB|
•Beta experimental program is now closed, final version is aviable on the button link below
To know how to install an .ipa file on your iPhone or iPad please follow this guide.