GameBoy Advance emulator for iOS
GBA4iOS is an amazing GBA emulator for iOS created by developer Riley Testut.
Built and designed from the ground up for iOS 13, gba4ios takes advantage of many tools provided in the iOS SDK to take emulation to the next level.
Beta version for Android OS is also aviable.
Simplicity and speed are big factors, but it is also powerful, being able to emulate not just GBA, but GBC and GB games. 2.0 also includes numerous, highly-requested features such as Cheats, iPad optimization, AirPlay, Dropbox sync and more.
GBA emulator app works on both jailbroken and non-jailbroken iOS devices, including iOS 13.
Although its development has ended it, has found ways to stay up to date through the help of its open source code and helpful developers wanting to keep it alive.
This updated version brings some much needed iPhone X-display support.
Enjoy some of your favorite GBA and GBC games right on your iPhone or iPad featuring a groundbreaking emulator by the talented Riley Testut that sports a ton of features such as:
- Controller Skins
- URL Scheme
- GBC and GB Support
- Dropbox Support
- Cheat Codes and Save States
Multiplayer is also included. Linking allows you to activate a multiplayer feature that normally requires a Link Cable.
Wireless Linking uses either local Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, for best performance, all devices should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Moreover, you can play external audio.
In order to run the application correctly, it is necessary to meet the minimum requirements given in the table below.
|OS version||iOS 6.0 (or higher)|
|Device||iPhone 5+ (or equivalent iPad)|
|Disk space||32 MB|
It is still possible to install the app on devices not mentioned above, but we cannot guarantee its proper functioning.
We recommend backing up the device on which the app will be installed before performing any installation of third-party apps not from the official app Store.
There will be frequent updates which you can grab from the link below.
The last version implements the following new features:
•iPhone X support
•Game Boy Color SupportCheats
•Event DistributionDropbox Sync
•Custom Controller Skins
•Completely new emulator core based on VBA-M
This application is from a third-party developer, so an automatic update won’t be available.
You will need to manually update the app by installing the new version from the IPA file; the previous app will be replaced automatically.
All the updates have the latest fixes and optimizations, but their constantly changing nature means that little testing has been done on them and unknown bugs may appear.
- Download AltServer on your computer:
- Install AltStore to your iPhone (or iPad)
- Launch AltStore to begin downloading apps
- Leave AltServer running, and AltStore will do the rest
If you have some problem to install the app, you can try to follow the complete guide.
We are not affiliated with any software house company.
All patents and trademarks are owned by their respective holders.
- GameBoy Advance is a trademark of Nintendo Co., Ltd
- iOS is a trademark of Apple Inc.
- AltStore is property of AltStore LLC
All the apps and games are property and trademark of their respective developer or publisher and for home or personal use only.
All resources are obtained via reverse engineering of legally owned devices, games, and information present on the internet.
- Does this emulator supports multiplayer functionality?
- Yes, this console emulator offer multiplayer support, allowing you to play games with friends online.
- What system requirements are needed to run console emulator smoothly?
- System requirements vary depending on the emulator and the console being emulated. Generally, a modern device with a decent CPU and GPU is recommended.
- Are ROMs and game files included with emulator, or do I need to find them separately?
- Emulators typically do not come with ROMs or game files due to copyright restrictions. You’ll need to source these files separately.
- Can I use original game controllers with this console emulator?
- Yes, the emulator supports original game controllers. You may need to configure the emulator settings to use the specific controller.
- Are there any legal considerations when using console emulators and ROMs?
- Yes, the legality of using emulators and ROMs can vary by country and jurisdiction. It’s important to ensure you have the legal right to use the games you’re emulating.