RPCS4 PS4 emulator for Android OS
RPCS4 emulator is an app that can run PS4 commercial games on smartphone and tablet devices compatible with Android and iOS.
At begin it was a project created for fun, and for technical research.
This software is compatibility layer for the PS4 developed by DH and kd-11.
RPCS4 emulator still has many bugs, but having only been in development for a little over two years, the list of titles that make it in-game is a lot bigger than you may expect.
- The project is real, and being worked on by DH, founder of the RPCS3 PS3 Emulator.
- DH Has been working on this for at least 2 years now, as he already mentioned this project back then on reddit.
- This is a parallel project to RPCS3, and nobody from the current RPCS3 team is directly involved (in other words, this project does not impact RPCS3 development)
- Although it’s been in the works for a few years, it is in early stages.
- RPCS4 should in particular not be confused with PCSX4.
This emulator support XInput-compatible gamepads natively.
You can remap buttons by pressing Esc on keyboard during emulation.
Anyway you can use a keyboard input, a Dualshock4 touchpad is emulating by virtual-pad.
To switch to borderless full screen mode, long-press on pad settings.
This emulator supports ALL playstation controllers and keyboard inputs; you can even use mouse input for first-person-shooter games.
Select the drop down from Main -> Controller Settings; it will open up this input so you can configure your controller.
This app can now run a few games for Play Station 4 on smartphone and tablet devices, with the system requirements below.
In order to run the application correctly, it is necessary to meet the minimum requirements given in the table below.
|OS version||Android 9 (or higher)|
|CPU||Octa core 2.0 GHz+|
|RAM||6 GB (8 GB recommended)|
|Disk space||64 MB|
It is still possible to install the app on devices not mentioned above, but we cannot guarantee its proper functioning.
We recommend backing up the device on which the app will be installed before performing any installation of third-party apps not from the official app Store.
There will be frequent updates which you can grab from the link below.
The last version implements the following new features:
- Over the past few months, lead graphics developer, kd-11 has made a slew of changes improving RPCS4’s GPU accuracy which has fixed many graphical issues
- RPCS4 is the first ever emulator to implement AMD’s FidelityFX Super Resolution upscaling technology. We use AMD FSR to computationally upscale Play Station 4 titles for maximum clarity, and for select titles that do not work with native resolution scaling
- For the first time ever, all Sly Cooper games are now fully playable from start to finish with support for 4K and beyond. This also includes various fixes for rendering bugs like scaling for character outlines, faster draw call performance and much more
This application is from a third-party developer, so an automatic update won’t be available.
You will need to manually update the app by installing the new version from the APK file; the previous app will be replaced automatically.
All the updates have the latest fixes and optimizations, but their constantly changing nature means that little testing has been done on them and unknown bugs may appear.
- Open this link on your browser and download BIOS file: https://apkod.com/download-category/bios/
- Move the BIOS file (part 1 and part 2) on the following directory in your device: /android/data/com.cobesoft.build22/bios/ (if this folder doesn’t exist please create it)
- Open this link on your browser and download Data file: https://apkod.com/download-category/data/
- Move the Data .obb file (part 1 and part 2) on the following directory in your device: /android/data/com.cobesoft.build22/data/
- Launch the app