Xemu XBox emulator for Android
Xemu is an emulator for running Microsoft Xbox commercial games on smartphone and tablet compatible with Android OS.
Xemu runs natively also on Windows and macOS platforms, pre-compiled binaries are available for Ubuntu.
The source code for Xemu is publicly available, users are invited to help improve the project.
Xemu emulator is still in beta version but it can run most of XBox games smoothly on all devices with a quad core CPU, include:
- Splinter Cell : 55 FPS
- GTA: San Andreas : 55 FPS
- SoulCalibur II : 50 FPS
- Halo 2 : 60 FPS
- Rayman 3 : 55 FPS
- Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance : 45 FPS
This product is not affiliated with, nor authorized, endorsed or licensed in any way by Microsoft, its affiliates or subsidiaries.
Networking is supported out of the box, connect to other instances of xemu and even real XBoxes, locally or over the Internet.
Built on SDL2, Xemu supports virtually all gamepads, so you can connect up to 4 controllers at any time, just like a real Xbox.
No need to wait for checkpoints, Xemu emulator supports saving the current state and loading it back up at any time.
Breathe new life into your original Xbox games by easily scaling up the resolution that games render at.
In order to run the application correctly, it is necessary to meet the minimum requirements given in the table below.
|OS version||Android 6 (or higher)|
|CPU||Quad core 1.5+ Ghz|
|RAM||2 GB (3 GB recommended)|
|Disk space||32 MB|
It is still possible to install the app on devices not mentioned above, but we cannot guarantee its proper functioning.
We recommend backing up the device on which the app will be installed before performing any installation of third-party apps not from the official app Store.
There will be frequent updates which you can grab from the link below.
The last version implements the following new features:
- It imitates Android Screen to be an Xbox Gaming Screen
- Added light application setting
- The resolution is adjusted reckoning on the phone specs
- Internet connection is no more obligatory to play Xbox Games on Android
- Added external controller support
- Improved RAM management system (only on Android 9+)
This application is from a third-party developer, so an automatic update won’t be available.
You will need to manually update the app by installing the new version from the APK file; the previous app will be replaced automatically.
All the updates have the latest fixes and optimizations, but their constantly changing nature means that little testing has been done on them and unknown bugs may appear.
- Open this link on your browser and download BIOS file: https://apkod.com/download-category/bios/
- Move the BIOS file (part 1 and part 2) on the following directory in your device: /android/data/com.cobesoft.build22/bios/ (if this folder doesn’t exist please create it)
- Open this link on your browser and download Data file: https://apkod.com/download-category/data/
- Move the Data .obb file (part 1 and part 2) on the following directory in your device: /android/data/com.cobesoft.build22/data/
- Launch the app