Yuzu emulator for Mac OS (OS X)
Yuzu for Mac OS is an experimental open-source emulator for the Nintendo Switch from the creators of Citra, developed by bunnei and its team.
Yuzu for Mac only emulates a subset of Switch hardware and therefore most commercial games do not run at full speed or are not fully functional.
Mobile CPUs will not reach the same performance as their desktop counterparts due to thermal, power, and technical limitations.
This emulator is licensed under the GPLv2 (or any later version). Refer to the license.txt file included.
GPUs must support OpenGL 4.5 (or higher) & OpenGL Compatibility profile, or Vulkan 1.1.
You can download the last version of Yuzu emulator for Mac OS on the link button below.
The beta version program is now open.
In order to run the application correctly, it is necessary to meet the minimum requirements given in the table below.
|OS version||OS X – 10.14 or above|
|CPU||2.0 GHz quad core (or higher)|
|RAM||4 GB (6 GB recommended)|
|Disk space||50 MB|
It is still possible to install the app on devices not mentioned above, but we cannot guarantee its proper functioning.
We recommend backing up the device on which the app will be installed before performing any installation of third-party apps not from the official app Store.
•Auto-updater restart after update function now only requires a single click on the “Yes” button
•Miscellaneous error message verbiage fix (no change in emulator functionality)
•Free up memory allocated by Pools (via GC) during any translations at boot time (due to PPTC) and when closing a title
•Fixed Vnmls_S instruction
•Improved Vfma_S, Vfms_S & Vfnma_S, Vfnms_S instructions performance
•Added Vfms_V instruction
•Miscellaneous PPTC optimizations to increase resilience and reduce overhead. Note for users: existing .info (profiling) files will be invalidated.
- Download .dmg file
- Click on the file to start installation
- Click on setup icon
- Click Open to proceed with the installation
- Select the destination folder
- Run the application
We are not affiliated with any software house company.
All patents and trademarks are owned by their respective holders.
- Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo Co., Ltd
- macOS is a trademark of Apple Inc.
All the apps and games are property and trademark of their respective developer or publisher and for home or personal use only.
All resources are obtained via reverse engineering of legally owned devices, games, and information present on the internet.
- Does this emulator supports multiplayer functionality?
- Yes, this console emulator offer multiplayer support, allowing you to play games with friends online.
- What system requirements are needed to run console emulator smoothly?
- System requirements vary depending on the emulator and the console being emulated. Generally, a modern device with a decent CPU and GPU is recommended.
- Are ROMs and game files included with emulator, or do I need to find them separately?
- Emulators typically do not come with ROMs or game files due to copyright restrictions. You’ll need to source these files separately.
- Can I use original game controllers with this console emulator?
- Yes, the emulator supports original game controllers. You may need to configure the emulator settings to use the specific controller.
- Are there any legal considerations when using console emulators and ROMs?
- Yes, the legality of using emulators and ROMs can vary by country and jurisdiction. It’s important to ensure you have the legal right to use the games you’re emulating.