Citra emulator for Android
Citra is a new emulator for Android OS, enabling you to play your favorite Nintendo 3DS games on your smartphone (also on iOS, Windows and MacOS).
The Citra app does not include any games, or copyrighted system files; you are legally required to dump your games to use with Citra.
Last build release include:
- Compatibility with hundreds of games
- Enhanced graphics, such as resolution scaling and texture filtering (these optional features work best on high-end devices)
- Support for various built-in features, such as the camera, microphone, and motion controls
- Support for external gamepads
- Citra emulator for Android offers a Premium in-app purchase that will unlock some cosmetic features, including the Dark theme and additional texture filtering options
- Please consider upgrading, as our developers spend hundreds of hours of their free time contributing to the project.
Put your games in .3ds format into your internal storage or SD card and select them from the main app menu.
The Citra app is licensed by the GNU GPL v2.
The Citra app is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with any company that manufactures portable gaming consoles.
In order to run the application correctly, it is necessary to meet the minimum requirements given in the table below.
|OS version||Android 4.4 (or higher)|
|CPU||Quad core 1.5+ Ghz (recommended)|
|RAM||2 GB (3 GB recommended)|
|Disk space||50 MB|
It is still possible to install the app on devices not mentioned above, but we cannot guarantee its proper functioning.
We recommend backing up the device on which the app will be installed before performing any installation of third-party apps not from the official app Store.
There will be frequent updates which you can grab from the link below.
The last version implements the following new features:
•Add support for save states.
•Merge latest fixes & improvements from upstream Citra.
•Implemented switch for sliding finger across D-Pad and fix sensitivity (only for Android OS 6.0+).
•Disable sensors when emulation is paused.
•External controllers support, such as the MOGA controllers (only for Android OS 5.0+)
•New clean & simple yet well-designed user interface. Seamlessly integrated with the latest OS version
This application is from a third-party developer, so an automatic update won’t be available.
You will need to manually update the app by installing the new version from the APK file; the previous app will be replaced automatically.
All the updates have the latest fixes and optimizations, but their constantly changing nature means that little testing has been done on them and unknown bugs may appear.
- Download APK file on the link button
- Open a File manager
- Select the folder containing the downloaded file
- Open the file .apk
- Press install button
- Launch the app