Citra 3DS emulator for iOS
Citra 3DS is a new emulator for iOS, enabling you to play your favorite games on your iPhone or iPad (also Windows, MacOS and Android OS).
This is a work-in-progress Nintendo 3DS emulator started in early 2013. Citra can currently emulate, with varying degrees of success, a wide variety of different homebrew applications and commercial software.
The Citra MMJ version include the following features:
- Compatibility with hundreds of games
- Enhanced graphics, such as resolution scaling and texture filtering (these optional features work best on high-end devices)
- Support for various built-in features, such as the camera, microphone, and motion controls
- Support for external gamepads
The Citra app does not include any games, or copyrighted system files. You are legally required to dump your games to use with Citra. The Citra app is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with any company that manufactures portable gaming consoles.
- Download the Citra 3DS .IPA file on the link below
- Go to your phone’s Settings > Profiles > Device Management
- Find the associated profile for Nintendo 3DS
- Select the Trust option
- Tap Trust again to confirm: this will begin the sideloading process
You can download last version of this app on the button below.
In order to run the application correctly, it is necessary to meet the minimum requirements given in the table below.
|OS version||iOS 9.0 (or higher)|
|Device||iPhone 8+ (or equivalent iPad)|
|Disk space||32 MB|
It is still possible to install the app on devices not mentioned above, but we cannot guarantee its proper functioning.
We recommend backing up the device on which the app will be installed before performing any installation of third-party apps not from the official app Store.
There will be frequent updates which you can grab from the link below.
The last version implements the following new features:
•Add support for save states.
•Merge latest fixes & improvements from upstream Citra
•Implemented switch for sliding finger across D-Pad and fix sensitivity
•Disable sensors when emulation is paused
•Beta version program is now closed with the last build release
•New GUI improvements for the virtual game pad
•Added multiplayer button in the settings menu (still in experimental step)
This application is from a third-party developer, so an automatic update won’t be available.
You will need to manually update the app by installing the new version from the IPA file; the previous app will be replaced automatically.
All the updates have the latest fixes and optimizations, but their constantly changing nature means that little testing has been done on them and unknown bugs may appear.
- Download AltServer on your computer:
- Install AltStore to your iPhone (or iPad)
- Launch AltStore to begin downloading apps
- Leave AltServer running, and AltStore will do the rest
If you have some problem to install the app, you can try to follow the complete guide.