Citra 3DS MMJ emulator for PC Windows 32/64 bit
This is a work-in-progress Nintendo 3DS emulator started in early 2013.
Citra can currently emulate, with varying degrees of success, a wide variety of different homebrew applications and commercial software.
The name is derived from CTR, which is part of the model number of the original 3DS.
Citra can run most games at variable speed, depending on your hardware configuration.
However, not all games are created equally and therefore some games will run at full speed while others might suffer from slow emulation.
You may also experience some slowdowns.
- Compatibility with hundreds of games
- Enhanced graphics, such as resolution scaling and texture filtering (these optional features work best on high-end devices)
- Support for various built-in features, such as the camera, microphone, and motion controls
- Support for external gamepads
Citra does not natively run dumps of games that have not been decrypted properly (unless you have dumped your own system keys).
This requires a physical 3DS and the game you own.
The Citra updater provides a easy interface to install, update and manage Citra.
Citra is an open-source project, licensed under the GPLv2 (or any later version).
In order to run the application correctly, it is necessary to meet the minimum requirements given in the table below.
|Windows 7 (or higher)
|Quad Core 2.0 GHz (recommended)
|3 GB (4 GB recommended)
It is still possible to install the app on devices not mentioned above, but we cannot guarantee its proper functioning.
We recommend backing up the device on which the app will be installed before performing any installation of third-party apps not from the official app Store.
•Add support for save states.
•Merge latest fixes & improvements from upstream Citra
•Implemented switch for sliding finger across D-Pad and fix sensitivity
•Disable sensors when emulation is paused
•Beta version program is now closed with the last build release
•New GUI improvements for the virtual game pad
•Added multiplayer button in the settings menu (still in experimental step)
- Download the .zip archive
- Extract the .zip archive on a folder
- Select the folder containing the extracted file
- Open the file .exe as administrator
- Press install button
- Launch the software
We are not affiliated with any software house company.
All patents and trademarks are owned by their respective holders.
- Nintendo 3DS is a trademark of Nintendo Co., Ltd
- Windows is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation
All the apps and games are property and trademark of their respective developer or publisher and for home or personal use only.
All resources are obtained via reverse engineering of legally owned devices, games, and information present on the internet.
- Does this emulator supports multiplayer functionality?
- Yes, this console emulator offer multiplayer support, allowing you to play games with friends online.
- What system requirements are needed to run console emulator smoothly?
- System requirements vary depending on the emulator and the console being emulated. Generally, a modern device with a decent CPU and GPU is recommended.
- Are ROMs and game files included with emulator, or do I need to find them separately?
- Emulators typically do not come with ROMs or game files due to copyright restrictions. You’ll need to source these files separately.
- Can I use original game controllers with this console emulator?
- Yes, the emulator supports original game controllers. You may need to configure the emulator settings to use the specific controller.
- Are there any legal considerations when using console emulators and ROMs?
- Yes, the legality of using emulators and ROMs can vary by country and jurisdiction. It’s important to ensure you have the legal right to use the games you’re emulating.