OpenEmu – Multiple Video Game System for Windows (PC Desktop)
OpenEmu for Windows PC is an open source Emulator project whose purpose is to bring Desktop game emulation into the realm of first class citizenship.
The project leverages modern Windows technologies, such as Cocoa, Core Animation with Quartz Composer, and other third-party libraries.
One third-party library example is Sparkle, which is used for auto-updating.
OpenEmu uses a modular architecture, allowing for game-engine plugins, allowing the emulator to support a host of different emulation engines and back ends while retaining the familiar Windows native front end.
The beta version is now aviable on the button link below also for iPhone and macOS devices.
Currently OpenEmu can load the following game engines as plugins:
- Atari 2600 (Stella)
- Atari 5200 (Atari800)
- Atari 7800 (ProSystem)
- Atari Lynx (Mednafen)
- ColecoVision (CrabEmu)
- Famicom Disk System (Nestopia)
- Game Boy / Game Boy Color (Gambatte)
- Game Boy Advance (mGBA)
- Game Gear (Genesis Plus)
- Intellivision (Bliss)
- NeoGeo Pocket (Mednafen)
- Nintendo (NES) / Famicom (FCEUX, Nestopia)
- Nintendo 64 (Mupen64Plus)
- Nintendo DS (DeSmuME)
- Odyssey² / Videopac+ (O2EM)
- PC-FX (Mednafen)
- SG-1000 (Genesis Plus)
- Sega 32X (picodrive)
- Sega CD / Mega CD (Genesis Plus)
- Sega Genesis / Mega Drive (Genesis Plus)
- Sega Master System (Genesis Plus)
- Sega Saturn (Mednafen)
- Sony PSP (PPSSPP)
- Sony PlayStation (Mednafen)
- Super Nintendo (SNES) (BSNES, Snes9x)
- TurboGrafx-16 / PC Engine (Mednafen)
- TurboGrafx-CD / PCE-CD (Mednafen)
- Vectrex (VecXGL)
- Virtual Boy (Mednafen)
- WonderSwan (Mednafen)
In order to run the application correctly, it is necessary to meet the minimum requirements given in the table below.
|OS version||Windows 7 (or higher)|
|CPU||Quad Core 1.5 GHz+|
|RAM||2 GB (4 GB recommended)|
|Disk space||200 MB|
It is still possible to install the app on devices not mentioned above, but we cannot guarantee its proper functioning.
We recommend backing up the device on which the app will be installed before performing any installation of third-party apps not from the official app Store.
•Fixed not recognizing keyboard input Windows 10
•Fixed bug when Mac goes into call audio when any game is run
•Improved automapping buttons secuence (Desktop version only)
•Fixed crash when importing ROMs to Dropbox-synced directory
•Added multiple columns in Save States and Screenshots tabs
- Download the .zip archive
- Extract the .zip archive on a folder
- Select the folder containing the extracted file
- Open the file .exe as administrator
- Press install button
- Launch the software