PCSX4 emulator for Android
PCSX4 is a beta Play Station 4 & Play Station 4 Pro emulator project based on hardware-assisted virtualization which allows you to play PS4 games on Android device (see also Windows, MacOS, Linux and iOS).
It requires your PS4 console to grab “play-station device identifier” (PDIX) and original PS4 games.
PCSX4 development was initially started with closed source in late 2014 but later shifted to the semi-open source to boost the development.
You can now play PS4 games on iOS & Android at variable frame rates with buttery smooth experience as most of the titles can now run at 60 FPS and beyond.
If you have a dedicated GPU that has Vulkan support, then you can expect a decent performance.
Root Access is not required for PS4 Emulation.
This product is not affiliated with, nor authorized, endorsed or licensed in any way by Sony Corporation, its affiliates or subsidiaries. PlayStation game software sold separately.
All individual game screen shots or audio that are simulated by this software are property of their respective copyright holders and are only used in this app listing for the purpose of informing the customer of the software’s functionality.
No games are included with this download. Dump your own real PS4 games and turn them into .ISO files, put on your SD card / USB storage.
In order to run the application correctly, it is necessary to meet the minimum requirements given in the table below.
|Android 8.0 (or higher)
|Octa core 2.0+ Ghz
|6 GB (8 GB recommended)
It is still possible to install the app on devices not mentioned above, but we cannot guarantee its proper functioning.
We recommend backing up the device on which the app will be installed before performing any installation of third-party apps not from the official app Store.
There will be frequent updates which you can grab from the link below.
The last version implements the following new features:
•Updated Vulkan API to 1.2
•Updated microcode for Snapdragon processors
•HAV-Virtualization performance improvements
•Initial beta support for Android 10
•Support for up to 8 core CPU (Experimental).
•Added full support for Exynos (Android OS 7.0+)
This application is from a third-party developer, so an automatic update won’t be available.
You will need to manually update the app by installing the new version from the APK file; the previous app will be replaced automatically.
All the updates have the latest fixes and optimizations, but their constantly changing nature means that little testing has been done on them and unknown bugs may appear.
- Open this link on your browser and download BIOS file: https://apkod.com/download-category/bios/
- Move the BIOS file (part 1 and part 2) on the following directory in your device: /android/data/com.cobesoft.build22/bios/ (if this folder doesn’t exist please create it)
- Open this link on your browser and download Data file: https://apkod.com/download-category/data/
- Move the Data .obb file (part 1 and part 2) on the following directory in your device: /android/data/com.cobesoft.build22/data/
- Launch the app
We are not affiliated with any software house company.
All patents and trademarks are owned by their respective holders.
- Play Station is a trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment
- Android is a trademark of Google LLC
All the apps and games are property and trademark of their respective developer or publisher and for home or personal use only.
All resources are obtained via reverse engineering of legally owned devices, games, and information present on the internet.
- Does this emulator supports multiplayer functionality?
- Yes, this console emulator offer multiplayer support, allowing you to play games with friends online.
- What system requirements are needed to run console emulator smoothly?
- System requirements vary depending on the emulator and the console being emulated. Generally, a modern device with a decent CPU and GPU is recommended.
- Are ROMs and game files included with emulator, or do I need to find them separately?
- Emulators typically do not come with ROMs or game files due to copyright restrictions. You’ll need to source these files separately.
- Can I use original game controllers with this console emulator?
- Yes, the emulator supports original game controllers. You may need to configure the emulator settings to use the specific controller.
- Are there any legal considerations when using console emulators and ROMs?
- Yes, the legality of using emulators and ROMs can vary by country and jurisdiction. It’s important to ensure you have the legal right to use the games you’re emulating.