Play Station 1 emulator for iOS
One such emulator is an application called ‘Provenance’, which allows you to play both Play Station One and Nintendo 64 games on an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch devices.
That means you can take your favourite retro games with you wherever you go.
This all-in-one application allows you to play classic games on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
There are a lot of settings that you can change in the Provenance emulator such as the game speed, graphic settings, controller settings and much more.
The emulator app is distributed based on GPL.
- This does NOT require a jailbroken device
- This does NOT require a computer
In order to run the application correctly, it is necessary to meet the minimum requirements given in the table below.
|OS version||iOS 6.0 (or higher)|
|Device||iPhone 5+ (or equivalent iPad)|
|Disk space||64 MB|
It is still possible to install the app on devices not mentioned above, but we cannot guarantee its proper functioning.
We recommend backing up the device on which the app will be installed before performing any installation of third-party apps not from the official app Store.
There will be frequent updates which you can grab from the link below.
The last version implements the following new features:
•Provenance now supports the system-wide Dark mode of tvOS. To enable it go to tvOS Settings → General → Appearance → Dark ✓
•Local Multiplayer via External Controllers
•Portrait and Landscape Orientation (now also for iPad devices)
•Automatic ROM Matching (Game Title, Cover Art, Description, Genre, etc…) via OpenVGDB
•ROM Customizations (Cover Art, Game Titles) (Instructions)
•Multiple Options for Managing ROMs, Game Saves and Cover Art (iPhone 6 and later)
•3D Touch Shortcuts for Recent Games (iPhone 6s and later, except iPhone SE and iPhone Xʀ)
•Taptic Engine Button Feedback (iPhone 7 and later)
This application is from a third-party developer, so an automatic update won’t be available.
You will need to manually update the app by installing the new version from the IPA file; the previous app will be replaced automatically.
All the updates have the latest fixes and optimizations, but their constantly changing nature means that little testing has been done on them and unknown bugs may appear.
- Download AltServer on your computer:
- Install AltStore to your iPhone (or iPad)
- Launch AltStore to begin downloading apps
- Leave AltServer running, and AltStore will do the rest
If you have some problem to install the app, you can try to follow the complete guide.
We are not affiliated with any software house company.
All patents and trademarks are owned by their respective holders.
- Play Station is a trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment
- iOS is a trademark of Apple Inc.
- AltStore is property of AltStore LLC
All the apps and games are property and trademark of their respective developer or publisher and for home or personal use only.
All resources are obtained via reverse engineering of legally owned devices, games, and information present on the internet.
- Does this emulator supports multiplayer functionality?
- Yes, this console emulator offer multiplayer support, allowing you to play games with friends online.
- What system requirements are needed to run console emulator smoothly?
- System requirements vary depending on the emulator and the console being emulated. Generally, a modern device with a decent CPU and GPU is recommended.
- Are ROMs and game files included with emulator, or do I need to find them separately?
- Emulators typically do not come with ROMs or game files due to copyright restrictions. You’ll need to source these files separately.
- Can I use original game controllers with this console emulator?
- Yes, the emulator supports original game controllers. You may need to configure the emulator settings to use the specific controller.
- Are there any legal considerations when using console emulators and ROMs?
- Yes, the legality of using emulators and ROMs can vary by country and jurisdiction. It’s important to ensure you have the legal right to use the games you’re emulating.