RPCS4 PS4 emulator for Mac OS – PC Desktop
It can now run a few games for Play Station 4 on Apple Mac devices, with the system requirements below.
The experimental version is now aviable for Mac OS X (or higher version).
- The project is real, and being worked on by DH, founder of the RPCS3 PS3 Emulator.
- DH Has been working on this for at least 2 years now, as he already mentioned this project back then on reddit.
- This is a parallel project to RPCS3, and nobody from the current RPCS3 team is directly involved (in other words, this project does not impact RPCS3 development)
- Although it’s been in the works for a few years, it is in early stages.
- RPCS4 should in particular not be confused with PCSX4.
Mac OS installation with working OpenGL acceleration (3.3+).
Preferably native for better performance but at least one VM is known to work.
|OS version||OS X – 10.14 (or higher)|
|CPU||Octa-core 2.5+ GHz|
|RAM||6 GB (8 GB recommended)|
|Disk space||64 MB|
•Over the past few months, lead graphics developer, kd-11 has made a slew of changes improving RPCS4’s GPU accuracy which has fixed many graphical issues
•RPCS4 is the first ever emulator to implement AMD’s FidelityFX Super Resolution upscaling technology. We use AMD FSR to computationally upscale Play Station 4 titles for maximum clarity, and for select titles that do not work with native resolution scaling
•For the first time ever, all Sly Cooper games are now fully playable from start to finish with support for 4K and beyond. This also includes various fixes for rendering bugs like scaling for character outlines, faster draw call performance and much more